Tests Verify Hardware Health
Along with data erasure and reporting, Blancco can perform an extensive series of hardware tests in automatic or manual modes as part of the data erasure process. This ensures efficiency in activities related to reuse and remarketing of IT assets.
Easily distributed test results
Hardware test results are part of the erasure report imported to Blancco Management Console and the IT asset database. Using Blancco Management Console, a customer can easily browse and distribute reports, as well as print a label with the asset’s results.
Multiple tests performed
Blancco provides an extensive set of tests to determine various hardware health issues. Blancco automatically captures the results, and most tests are confirmed online by the user:
- Optical read/write tests are performed on media in a drive.
- Keyboard tests provide an onscreen image of a virtual keyboard so the user can verify that all keys are functional by pressing the corresponding physical keys.
- Display tests show a set of onscreen images and results are confirmed by the user.
- Mouse test functionality is determined by clicking points on the screen, with test results confirmed online by the user.
- Sound tests require the user to listen to sounds from the PC speakers and confirm the results.
- CPU tests are a series of automatic tests on the CPU to determine its condition and performance.
- Motherboard tests are a series of automatic tests for determining motherboard condition and performance.
- Memory tests are a series of automatic tests for determining computer memory condition and performance.
- Hard drive SMART tests check the electrical and mechanical performance of the hard drive, as well as the read performance of the disk.