Fully Auditable Erasure Process
Successful erasure alone is not enough, because proof of erasure is necessary for auditing purposes. Detailed, auditable proof of the erasure is mandatory for compliance, regulatory and legal requirements. A comprehensive audit also provides important documentation about an asset’s lifecycle.
Detailed erasure reports
Blancco generates comprehensive erasure reports to provide critical information for the auditing process, such as:
- Condition of the hardware
- Relevant serial numbers and asset tags
- Software details for license harvesting
- How and by whom the erasure was done
Compliance with industry regulations
Blancco provides detailed reporting and auditing information for compliance with industry standards and regulations such as ISO 15408, ISO 27001, FISMA, HIPAA, SOX, FACT, ACT, GLBA and PCI DSS.
Critical audit security
All activities are logged in erasure reports, ensuring absolute transparency and gapless security before and during the auditing process. These reports include digital signatures for maximum security and to avoid tampering.
Reduction of human error
Blancco’s erasure process reduces manual mistakes to the absolute minimum through:
- Centralized monitoring and auditing
- Minimum manual input of data
- Automatic population of hardware and erasure report details
- Network-based report delivery