Erase data securely from PCs, laptops, servers and storage environments. This fully automated and centrally managed erasure solution offers cutting edge efficiency and productivity. The most advanced data erasure solution on the market, this next generation erasure solution meets the complex needs of customers managing multiple data storage devices.
Peace of mind with 100% secure erasure
Blancco 5 ensures 100% data sanitization of your PCs, laptops, servers, data center equipment, enclosures and other large storage units. Following a Blancco erasure, data recovery is not possible with any existing technology. In addition to the erasure process, Blancco 5 also generates comprehensive reports to prove successful erasure. These tamper-proof and verifiable reports are an essential part of regulatory, compliance and legal auditing requirements. They provide critical information for the auditing process, such as:
- Condition of the hardware
- Relevant serial numbers and asset tags
- How and by whom the erasure was done
Ease of use through extensive hardware support
Blancco software has been developed in close partnership with the world’s leading hardware and software OEMs (original equipment manufacturers). Blancco 5’s extensive hardware support includes pass-through and dismantling for RAID arrays. We offer extensive hardware support – from PCs and laptops to servers, data center equipment and other large storage units – to further enhance the data erasure process.
Minimum user effort with full automation
Blancco 5 is extremely easy to install and operate. Its improved usability contributes to a faster and more efficient process. Blancco 5’s enhanced automation process includes choices of erasure standards and custom fields, as well as functional options such as normal, semi-automatic and automatic.
Availability: Please ask your local Blancco sales representative for details.
Note: Blancco 5 replaces Blancco PC Edition, Blancco Server Edition and Blancco Data Centre Edition.
Cutting edge efficiency & productivity
This advanced software’s ability to erase multiple hard drives simultaneously at high speed contributes to an extremely efficient and cost-effective process. Blancco 5’s fully automated erasure process is the fastest in the industry. It generates speed and efficiency by:
- Taking advantage of the full write speed capacity of your hardware
- Simultaneously erasing multiple hard drives (up to hundreds at a time)
- Fully customizing the data erasure process to each customer’s unique business needs
- Offering regular product and driver updates to maximize security, erasure speed and efficiency
- Improved usability for a faster and more efficient process
- 3 automation process options: normal, semi-automatic and automatic
- Enhanced process customization, including choice of erasure standards, custom fields and process steps
- Extremely user-friendly GUI
- Overwrite data securely from PCs, laptops, servers and storage environments.
- IDE/ATA, SCSI, SAS, USB, SATA, Fibre Channel, FireWire hard drives of any size.
- Local and/or remote data destruction across multiple storage devices
- RAID dismantling (SCSI)
- Extensive list of international erasure standards, including HMG Infosec Standard 5 (baseline and enhanced), OPNAVINST 5239.1A, Extended NIST 800-88, BSI / VSITR, BSI-2011-VS and DoD 5220.22-M
- Erasure and detection of locked/hidden areas (DCO, HPA)
- Erasure and detection of remapped sectors
- High-speed, simultaneous erasure of multiple drives
- SSD detection
- Hardware detection improvement (memory, processor, graphic card, wireless card…)
- Digitally signed and sealed erasure report
- Several report exporting options, including PDF
- Several report saving options, including USB and network
- Multitasking – report editing during erasure (exclusive to Blancco)
- Enhanced hardware detection contributes to detailed reporting capabilities
- Additional report options: simple and advanced
- Extensive erasure information, including HDD serial number/device ID/asset ID details for seamless audit procedures
- User extendable report (with option to add “custom fields”)
- Open application interface (API) for integration to 3rd party systems (requires Blancco Management Console 3)
- English, German and Japanese
- Support in other languages will be available soon. Please ask your Blancco sales representative for details.
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
- x86 architecture machine
- 256 MB RAM memory in most cases, erasing servers with 12+ HDDs requires more RAM
- CD drive or a CD-compatible drive
- USB port for exporting / saving reports locally
- SVGA display and VESA compatible video card for graphical user interface
- Ethernet NIC, DHCP Server running on local network