Securely erase OEM warranty (RMA) and other loose drives prior to returning or retiring them.
Blancco RMA-8 appliance facilitates secure on-site wiping of failed RMA drives that are being replaced in active servers and storage arrays. In data centers, failed return merchandise authorization (RMA) drives are often physically destroyed or stored past return deadlines, resulting in unnecessary drive replacement costs.
Secure on-site data erasure for HDDs and SSDs enables data centers to use OEM drive warranties without exposing sensitive data. In comparison to purchasing new drives, data centers can gain significant savings with onsite disk wiping.
Seamless and secure erasure process
- Simultaneous erasure of SATA, SAS, Fiber Channel, and SCSI drives.
- Supports all leading erasure standards, including DoD 5220.22-M and NIST 800-88.
- Supports the erasure of SATA SSDs with Blancco’s multifaceted, patent-pending erasure method that includes automatic freeze-lock removal.
- Turnkey operation with no customer modifications required.
- Rugged industrial hardware means no wear and tear on components.
- On-site erasure enables safe return of RMA drives, eliminating physical destruction.
- Fewer OEM replacement purchases needed.
- Additional savings via reduced service calls and site visits.
- Blancco software conforms to recognized international erasure guidelines.
- Helps organizations comply with internal policies, local legislation and industry standards for data security, data loss prevention and responsible e-waste disposal.
* sold separately
Reporting and auditing
- Automatically generated, detailed erasure reports for each erasure.
- Reports include disk serial numbers, make/model and erasure information.
- Reports are generated with a unique identifier and may be saved in XML or PDF format for import into your current asset management solution.
- Centralized report management and tamper-proof audit trail through Blancco Management Console.*
- Easy to set up, user friendly & low labor process
- RMA-8 comes in four models, preconfigured to suit your environment:
- 4-2-2 including 4 SAS/SATA, 2 FC, and 2 SCSI (SCA) – SKU: RMA8-422
- 4-3-1 including 4 SAS/SATA, 3 FC, and 1 SCSI (SCA) – SKU: RMA8-431
- 6-2 including 6 SAS/SATA and 2 FC – SKU: RMA8-62
- All SAS/SATA drives (8 SAS/SATA) – SKU: RMA8-SATA
- Equipped with the most advanced data erasure software on the market.
- Supports all well-known erasure algorithms.
- Supports the latest drives and technologies, including SSD erasure method.
SUPPORTED DRIVE TYPES AND FORM FACTORS:
- SATA, SAS, Fiber Channel, and SCSI drives
- 2.5” and 3.5” drives
- SATA SSDs
SUPPORT & WARRANTY:
- 36 months of US-based technical support for software
- 36 month limited warranty on hardware components
- Rugged industrial hardware, with a rugged hardware guarantee
REPORTING & AUDITING:
- Comprehensive data erasure report includes hardware details.
- Reports can be saved in XML or PDF format.
- Reports can be exported and stored to the Blancco Management Console for maintaining a tamper-proof audit trail.
- Length: 23” (with handles: 25.5”)
- Width: 16.5” (with handles: 19”)
- Height: 7”
- Weight: 50 lb.
- Box for transportation:
- Length: 28”
- Width: 23”
- Height: 12”