As the de facto global standard in certified data erasure, Blancco has been tested, certified, approved or recommended by 18 national and international governing bodies. No other security firm can boast this level of compliance with the most rigorous requirements set by government agencies, legal authorities and independent testing laboratories.
Global Approvals & Recommendations
||The Norwegian National Security Authority (NSM) approved Blancco to securely erase hard disks intended for declassification and release for commercial use. Blancco software is equipped to erase all existing data at varying security levels, including Restricted and Confidential.
||Blancco currently holds the highest number of DIPCOG approvals of any data erasure software company in the UK, and offers the only DIPCOG-approved products for selective data erasure, mobile erasure and LUN erasure. Blancco 5 is also acknowledged by DIPCOG for being suitable for erasure of SSD media. Additionally, the UK Ministry of Defense highly recommends our solutions.
||Blancco 5 (Including SSD)
||TÜV Saarland officially endorsed Blancco’s erasure product based on the positive results found. TÜV Saarland found that the software provides a reliable and effective mechanism to erase private data from mobile devices.
||Blancco 5 Mobile
||The Finnish Communications Regulatory Authority (FICORA) has approved Blancco erasure software for erasing data from hard drives and Solid State Drives at security classification levels I-IV.
||Blancco 5 (SSD Erasure)
||Blancco’s data erasure products are recommended by NATO and included in the prestigious NATO Information Assurance Product Catalogue (NIAPC). Blancco worked closely with NATO to achieve this recommendation and inclusion in NIAPC, which is provided to NATO military partners and Partnership for Peace program members.
||Blancco HMG V4.10
||TÜV SÜD officially endorsed Blancco for erasing storage media, citing our solution as “qualified to erase current types of hard drives in accordance to the US-DOD standards.”
||Blancco 4 (v4.7)
Download Certification Fact Sheet
In addition to our formal certifications, Blancco Data Eraser solutions help organizations stay compliant by satisfying certain portions of a number of regulations, laws and guidelines. These include, but are not limited to:
- UK Data Protection Act (1998)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA)
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO 27001)
- Payment Card Industry Data Security (PCI DSS)
- North American Electric Utilities (NERC CIP)
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act (Sarbox, SOX)
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLB)
- Electronic Fund Transfer Act, Regulation E (EFT)
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
- Network and Information Security Directive (NISD)
- Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (FRCP)
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST 800-88)
- Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH)
- Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Act (PSQIA, Patient Safety Rule)
- Massachusetts 201 CMR 17 (Mass Data Protection Law)
- Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPED Act, PIPEDA) — Canada
- Law on the Protection of Personal Data Held by Private Parties — Mexico