Blancco File Eraser goes beyond today’s regular file shredding software to guarantee your files are eliminated with a certified report that achieves true data sanitization requirements. With this report, your organization can prove adherence to algorithm standards specified by 17+ global erasure standards to meet security and regulatory compliance requirements.
With Blancco File Eraser, organizations can securely erase sensitive files, folders and free disk space from PC desktop computers, laptops and servers – either manually or automatically. While typical file shredding or wiping software may delete some data, Blancco File Eraser securely erases files and folders to comply with the most stringent requirements to ensure that any sensitive data has been securely and permanently removed, certified by the most regulatory bodies—including Common Criteria—and verified with a 100% tamper-proof report.
Key Benefits of Blancco’s File Erasure Software:
- Erases free disk space and previous versions of files
- Installs easily within existing enterprise IT systems
- Cuts system downtime during file removal
- Erases files and folders according to automated processes/schedules
- Provides digitally signed certificate of proof of erasure for audit trail purposes
- Ensures compliance with state, federal and international data privacy regulations and guidelines, including ISO 27001 and ISO 27040
Get your FREE Blancco File Eraser Trial for Data Centers and Enterprises
Erase unwanted files easily, quickly and permanently with Blancco File Eraser.
Data Erasure Integration with Active Directory
Adding another standalone piece of software into your IT environment is hard to justify – unless it can be deployed and managed centrally. With Blancco file remover software, you can use your existing Active Directory management of your users and their privileges to deploy MSI packages for “silent installations” onto any machine, enforcing data retention policies and maintaining compliance with a comprehensive audit trail.
Enforce Data Retention Policies Quickly and Easily
Blancco File Eraser allows you to reduce system complexity, simplify management and streamline the enforcement of your data retention policies. This leads to heightened data security, audit compliance and increased productivity amongst your IT team and end users.
Blancco File Eraser Technical Specifications
- Erase a variety of files from programs like Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Overwrite selected files (including previous versions stored by Windows), free disk space, temporary and the recycle bin
- Instantly erase files via drag-and-drop from the desktop to Blancco File Eraser
- Erase files and folders on local computers
- Remotely execute secure erasure of files and folders on servers and in storage areas across the network
- Supports all global data erasure standards
- Easy installation on PCs and servers (both physical and virtual machines)
- Remote installation and deployment available through MSI packages using Active Directory – for “silent installations” on to any machine
- Central configuration of clients and multiple installations through Group Policy files
- Easy-to-use user interface and advanced command line interface supporting multiple parameters for full flexibility of integration
- Can be run from a standalone USB stick when plugged into a computer or server for easy mobility and on-demand operations
- Supports centralized licensing through Blancco Management Console
- Schedule erasure of selected files on local or remote servers and workstations
- Implement rules and automatic routines to erase files and folders
- Enable policy-based scheduling and integration through Windows standard components
- Improve user interaction with multiple configuration alternatives available
- Reports ensure compliance with standards and legislation like PCI DSS, requiring erasure of file-level data
- Centralized, digitally signed and tamper-proof report options
- Detailed PDF or CSV reports for easy viewing and XML files for centralized reporting
- Full support for the Windows event log
- Add custom fields (user-defined inputs, e.g. internal batch IDs, workstation numbers, etc.) in reports according to process requirements
- Detailed reporting includes everything needed for compliance such as security information, user data, file names and exact times
- Reports sent automatically to Blancco Management Console as soon as the computer is online in the network
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7
- Windows Server: 2012, 2008 all versions (with licensed the Data CenterEdition)
- Supported file systems are NTFS, FAT32 and exFAT
- HP-UX 11.11 and HP-UX 11.31 with VXFS
- AIX 5.1 or later with JFS or JFS2
- Full integration with Blancco Management Console for automated updated, detailed auditing and control to ensure full compliance
- English, French, Spanish, German and Japanese, Chinese (Simplified)
Please ask your Blancco sales representative for details.
Learn More about Permanent File Erasure
Get your FREE Blancco File Eraser Trial for Enterprise Use